Until about 15 years ago, pet owners faced a dilemma when they had to be away from home. Limited care options were available. One choice was caged boarding at a kennel or vet. Another was turning to family, friends, neighbors or co-workers. But these solutions were seldom ideal as you are at the mercy of these helpers remembering to actually stop by when they are supposed to and perform the duties you expect of them. And it’s hard to scold someone who’s “doing you a favor” for free. This makes traveling a stressful situation for a doubtful owner.
Why is Professional Pet Sitting So Popular?
Pet sitting offers the best of all worlds – for pets and their owners. Trauma is minimized. Owners need not go through the ordeal of transporting unhappy pets and worrying that they might be depressed or injured in a crate. Animals get to stay in their familiar environment, maintain their diet and exercise routine and are attended to by caring pet lovers who won’t forget an appointment, exercise the dog for the proper amount of time, and administer medications at the exact time needed.
Professional pet sitting allows owners to confidently leave their pets home, knowing that they’ll receive the love and care they so rightly deserve. Using a professional pet sitting service reaps benefits for both pets and their owners. Once you experience professional pet care in your home, you’ll never worry about being away from your pet again.
Pet Sitting Benefits for Your Furry Friend
- Staying at home in his/her safe, secure environment
- Being surrounded by familiar sights, smells and sounds
- Following his/her regular diet and exercise routine
- Having play time
- Receiving love and personal attention
- Maintaining medical treatment, when required
- Having someone responsible in case of an emergency
- Eliminating the fear of travel or an unfamiliar environment
- Ensuring good health (no exposure to other animals’ illness or parasites)
Benefits of Pet Sitting for Pet Owners
- Knowing that your pet is in caring, loving hands
- Having the confidence that the pet sitter can deal with other issues – such as grooming, vet visits or household emergency
- Eliminating the trauma of leaving an elderly or unsocial pet in a new environment
- Not having to impose on family, friends or neighbors
- Feeling your home is more secure (with someone going in and out several times a day)
Check out our list of pet sitting services and let us know how we can help your next trip be worry-free.